Exciting Features Coming For Qt 5.3
The official release of Qt 5.3 is tentatively planned for April but with the feature freeze coming up we already have a good idea for the features of this next tool-kit release.
From the Qt Project Wiki is a look at some of the new features slated for this next Qt5 update. Among the features catching our attention are:
- SPDY protocol version 3.0 support within Qt Network.
- Qt's XCB plug-in now listens to X Input 2 scrolling events in an attempt to handle high-resolution smooth-scrolling events with newer touch pads.
- QtWebKit supports the HTML5 video track with subtitles and captions.
- A QCameraInfo class for static information about connected cameras.
- A Calendar control for Qt Quick Controls.
- Qt Bluetooth has been ported to Android.
- Qt WebSockets is a new module implementing WebSocket support (a.k.a. those interested could now even write a Phoronix Test Suite interface in Qt thanks to the new 5.0-Plavask effort).
- Windows Runtime Platform support, including Windows Phone 8 support.
- Qt Creator 3.1 improvements.
- Performance and stability improvements.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week