EFL 1.9 Supports X Present Extension, New Filters
We now have a more concise view of the features and improvements to be found in the upcoming 1.9 releases of Enlightenment's core libraries.
The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL) and related underlying code to the Enlightenment project is preparing for its 1.9 release. Later in the year for end-users we will likely then see the Enlightenment E19 release.
For those curious about the changes coming to the core libraries of Enlightenment with the 1.9 release, there's finally a NEWS file conveniently listing all of the major changes.
The news file with all of the 1.9 changes can be viewed via Git while some of the highlights include:
- Ecore supporting the X.org X Present Extension found in X.Org Server 1.15.
- Evas filters has a small utility for taking screenshots.
- Ecore_evas now handles managing the rotation of windows by the window manager.
- Evas has support for a number of new filters along with advanced text effects.
- Edje uses Lua's JIT engine by default.
- Emotion has been ported to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs.
- Ecore_Avahi has been committed.
- Many other improvements throughout these low-level Enlightenment components.
- Many bug-fixes.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week