The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL) and related underlying code to the Enlightenment project is preparing for its 1.9 release. Later in the year for end-users we will likely then see the Enlightenment E19 release.
For those curious about the changes coming to the core libraries of Enlightenment with the 1.9 release, there's finally a NEWS file conveniently listing all of the major changes.
The news file with all of the 1.9 changes can be viewed via Git while some of the highlights include:
- Ecore supporting the X.org X Present Extension found in X.Org Server 1.15.
- Evas filters has a small utility for taking screenshots.
- Ecore_evas now handles managing the rotation of windows by the window manager.
- Evas has support for a number of new filters along with advanced text effects.
- Edje uses Lua's JIT engine by default.
- Emotion has been ported to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs.
- Ecore_Avahi has been committed.
- Many other improvements throughout these low-level Enlightenment components.
- Many bug-fixes.