For any students looking to get involved with this year's Google Summer of Code, the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) has several interesting projects that are looking to be tackled.
Those student developers looking to get involved with an open-source project and get paid to work on it, it's time to start thinking about this year's Google Summer of Code
. Those interested in doing compiler work, the GCC Wiki
has many Summer of Code ideas. Among the possible ideas are:
- Making GCC faster.
- Improving GCC on Windows.
- Improving GCC diagnostics.
- Working on C++11 support inside GCC and libstdc++.
- Fortan front-end improvements.
- OpenMP 4.0 run-time improvements.
- Porting more compiler support to GNU Hurd.
- libstdc++ improvements.