Fedora 21 Gets GNOME 3.12, PHP 5.6, Mono 3.4
Following today's Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) meeting is another round of fresh features for Fedora 21 that will premiere late into the year.
Some of these features were talked about earlier in the week with Fedora 21 Receives Another Helping Of Features and Fedora 21 Gets Proposals For Many More Features. The features were generally approved but the cron to systemd time units item was deferred until next week's FESCo meeting. The newly-approved features include:
- A framework for sever role deployment.
- Integrating Apache Ambari and Apache Accumulo.
- Packaging Boost 1.56 Uplift.
- GNOME 3.12 is officially approved while GNOME 3.14 for Fedora 21 will need to be raised separately.
- Mono 3.4 has been approved as a feature.
- PHP 5.6 will make it into Fedora 21.
- A database server role and domain controller server role.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions