ACPI & Power Management Get More Updates In Linux 3.15
A second Git pull request has been made for the ACPI and power management code within the kernel for Linux 3.15.
The Linux 3.15 kernel that's still in early pre-RC1 development stages already received a large number of features with most notable to end-users being faster suspend and resume support. But now there's more work that's matured over the past week and is now ready for mainline integration.
- A CPUfreq driver to enable dynamic frequency scaling for IBM PowerNV platforms.
- Intel Bay Trail support for the indle_idle driver and ACPI idle.
- Intel Atom N2000 series (Intel CPU Model 54) support for the indle_idle driver.
- TurboStat updates for Intel Broadwell.
- Various clean-ups to existing ACPI / CPUfreq drivers and other power management kernel code.
More details on this latest ACPI/PM merge window pull request can be found via the mailing list post.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week