Phoronix Test Suite 5.0.1-Plavsk presents to Linux / OS X / Windows / BSD / Solaris users of our fully-automated, open-source benchmarking software the following improvements over the 5.0.0 release from March:
- A Pushover module for sending real-time iOS and Android push notifications to your mobile devices... Be notified in real-time of new results and when testing is complete, should you need to do anything else to the system under test. For more details on this easy-to-use mobile push notifications via the new Phoronix Test Suite module, read the recent article entitled Real-Time iOS/Android Notifications Of Your Linux Benchmarks. Embedded below is also a quick video I recorded of the simple but handy addition.
- More helpers have been added when entering invalid arguments to various phoronix-test-suite sub-commands.
- External dependency improvements (32/64-bit Ubuntu fixes, added PCRE throughout).
- HTTPS OpenBenchmarking.org communication is disabled by default to workaround reported proxy issues.
- A edit-result-file sub-command has been added for changing a saved result file's title and description strings after the testing process. There's also a fix for ensuring result file descriptions properly update.
- An AppData file is now shipped with the Phoronix Test Suite.
- Various Arch Linux benchmarking improvements in better handling its stock PHP configuration and other system differences.
- Other minor enhancements.
This point release to Phoronix Test Suite 5.0 can be downloaded at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. Most new development will now be centered around the Phoronix Test Suite 5.2-Khanino release to happen in two to three months time. For open-source contributors, the Phoronix Test Suite benchmarking software code is hosted on GitHub.
Commercial support for the Phoronix Test Suite along with Phoromatic / OpenBenchmarking.org licensing and other custom engineering services continue to be offered through Phoronix Media.