PTS 5.0.1: Push Notifications, Improves Arch Linux, New Features
Phoronix Test Suite 5.0.1 is now available as the first point release to the major "Plavsk" release. This new version offers minor new features, fixes, and other improvements to our open-source benchmarking software.
Phoronix Test Suite 5.0.1-Plavsk presents to Linux / OS X / Windows / BSD / Solaris users of our fully-automated, open-source benchmarking software the following improvements over the 5.0.0 release from March:
- A Pushover module for sending real-time iOS and Android push notifications to your mobile devices... Be notified in real-time of new results and when testing is complete, should you need to do anything else to the system under test. For more details on this easy-to-use mobile push notifications via the new Phoronix Test Suite module, read the recent article entitled Real-Time iOS/Android Notifications Of Your Linux Benchmarks. Embedded below is also a quick video I recorded of the simple but handy addition.
- More helpers have been added when entering invalid arguments to various phoronix-test-suite sub-commands.
- External dependency improvements (32/64-bit Ubuntu fixes, added PCRE throughout).
- HTTPS OpenBenchmarking.org communication is disabled by default to workaround reported proxy issues.
- A edit-result-file sub-command has been added for changing a saved result file's title and description strings after the testing process. There's also a fix for ensuring result file descriptions properly update.
- An AppData file is now shipped with the Phoronix Test Suite.
- Various Arch Linux benchmarking improvements in better handling its stock PHP configuration and other system differences.
- Other minor enhancements.
This point release to Phoronix Test Suite 5.0 can be downloaded at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. Most new development will now be centered around the Phoronix Test Suite 5.2-Khanino release to happen in two to three months time. For open-source contributors, the Phoronix Test Suite benchmarking software code is hosted on GitHub.
Commercial support for the Phoronix Test Suite along with Phoromatic / OpenBenchmarking.org licensing and other custom engineering services continue to be offered through Phoronix Media.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions