The distribution we're talking abut is "Rebecca Black OS" that's been around for nearly two years as an easy way to try out Wayland.
With the updated images, there's the following features:
- Wayland is updated from Git master. Weston 1.3 is in use as the reference compositor.
- Wayland-enabled versions of Clutter, SDL, GTK, Qt, and EFL/Elementary.
- Wayland-enabled GStreamer and MPlayer.
- Orbital and Hawaii desktops for Wayland.
- KDE Frameworks 5 support, but few KDE programs will run since there's still many X11 calls.
- Native Calligra Wayland programs.
- Wayland GNOME Shell,
- A utility for configuring udev for Weston multi-seat / multi-pointer.
- A Wayland Login Manager.
- Wayland-enabled Enlightenment 19
- Support for running the different desktop options as nested sessions.
More details on the updated Wayland Live CD images can be found from this mailing list message. Downloads are available via SourceForge.