Wayland's Chrome "Ozone" Port Advances
One month ago marked the first release of a Wayland-based Chromium web-browser. Intel developers ported the "Ozone" windowing/UI abstraction layer to Wayland some months ago but they are continuing to refine it and adding in new features. A few new features were recently added to improve Google's software on Wayland.
Recent additions to Ozone-Wayland include:
- Offscreen rendering support. Offscreen rendering is now implemented so there's basic support for WebGL and AC for Canvas2D.
- Multi-window support so there can be multiple Chromium (or other Ozone-powered software) windows.
- The fullscreen mode has now been implemented.
- Updates against the latest Chromium open-source code.
- Other bug-fixes and improvements.
More details on the Ozone-Wayland activity can be found via the 01.org GitHub repository.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week