Mir 0.1.2 Pulls In 52 Changes, Surface Resize Support
With Canonical now focusing on making Mir ready for its desktop premiere in Ubuntu 14.10 but already shipping and supporting Mir for Ubuntu Touch, it's time for another Mir display server update. This week's Mir 0.1.2 update carries at least 52 changes.
The changes that were merged for Mir 0.1.2 mostly come down to bug-fixes, but there's also other happenings. Mir 0.1.2 has:
- Resize support for client surfaces (resizable windows on Mir).
- ARM Mali T604 driver support hooks from Android (on the Google Nexus 10)
- Various Android driver support improvements.
- Mir "surfaces" have been renamed to "scene".
- API clean-ups and changes.
- Updated documentation for the new "ubuntu-desktop-mir" package.
- A new display that renders its output to offscreen buffers.
- Performance regression fixes.
- Client input receiver support.
- A udev wrapper for dealing with input device detection.
- The ABI has been bumped on libmirserver and it's now at version 11.
More details on the changes can be found via the Mir 0.1.2 merge in its Bazaar code repository.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week