Phoronix Test Suite 4.8.5 Pushes Linux Benchmarking
The latest Phoronix Test Suite 4.8 "Sokndal" point release is now available with the latest fixes and minor improvements to the cross-platform open-source benchmarking software.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.8.5 is the latest 4.8 point release to keep pushing forward the software with new fixes and features during Q4'2014 while all major developments are focused on Phoronix Test Suite 5.0-Plavsk. The Phoronix Test Suite 5.0 release is planned for later in Q1'2014; it's a big undertaking with a brand new user-interface coming about, improved networking support, new OpenBenchmarking.org/Phoromatic features, etc. Much of December/January I have devoted to working on the major Phoronix Test Suite 5.0 features.
Anyhow, succeeding Phoronix Test Suite 4.8.4 that came in early November is 4.8.5. Among the minor enhancements in this new version is improved formatting of interrupt messages, test installation files are no longer removed by default when a test fails, the download-test-files sub-command now supports passing OpenBenchmarking.org IDs, cache share improvements, various external dependency updates, and Phodevi changes.
The Phodevi changes include recognizing HIS and Zotac graphics cards, fixed Catalyst monitor detection reporting, and support for reading the NVIDIA GPU utilization via a newly-exposed NV_CONTROL extension attribute that in turn is accessible to Phoronix Test Suite users via the uniform gpu.usage sensor that's also supported by other GPUs/drivers. This release also supports reading Nouveau's clock speed information using the newly-exposed sysfs data from the Linux 3.13 kernel.
The latest release of the Phoronix Test Suite can be downloaded at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. Commercial support, sponsorship, custom engineering, and other services continue to be offered for interested organizations.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.8.5-Sokndal
22 November 2013
- pts-core: Improve formatting of interrupt messages with the (default) concise display mode
- pts-core: Don't remove test install files on installation failures
- pts-core: Allow download-test-files command to use OpenBenchmarking.org IDs
- pts-core: Don't dynamically increase the test run count when dealing with cache shares
- pts-core: Fix for not opening the web-browser in batch mode
- pts-core: Add zypper SUSE help support when not finding PHP
- phodevi: Add support for Nouveau PSTATE parsing on Linux 3.13+
- phodevi: Recognize 'HIS' (Hightech Information System) graphics cards
- phodevi: Recognize 'ZOTAC' graphics cards
- phodevi: Fix redundant monitor model reporting detection on Catalyst
- phodevi: Add support for NVIDIA-Settings GPUUtilization in gpu.usage sensor
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week