The release of the Linux 3.12 kernel
is imminent so here's a recap of some of the benchmarks we have carried out so far on this exciting kernel upgrade.
Below are some of the Linux 3.12 benchmarks carried out so far at Phoronix using Git development kernels. More 3.12 benchmarks are forthcoming with the stable release due out in the next day or two.
- Intel Iris Pro benchmarks
with the Linux 3.12 kernel DRM.
- An 11-way AMD Radeon GPU comparison
using the open-source driver shipping with Linux 3.12.
- A 4-way NVIDIA / Nouveau GPU comparison
- Linux 3.12 file-system results
show performance boosts for the key Linux file-systems.
- Big AMD Radeon performaanace improvements
that can be rather incredible
and due in fact to an interesting change
- Intel Core i7 Haswell benchmarks
from recent kernel releases.
- Nouveau performance benchmarks
from Linux 3.12 for this new kernel.
- AMD Catalyst benchmarks
with the binary blob already working for this new kernel.
- AMD RadeonSI benchmarks
for the new AMD GPUs.
- Intel Ivy Bridge benchmarks
from Linux 3.12.
- Kernel I/O scheduler benchmarks
- Core i3 Haswell benchmarks
What other benchmarks would you like to see from Linux 3.12? Let us know in the forums
or tweeting @Phoronix