While I am not at their event this week, among the overarching topics widely reported today include:
- Expect many Steam Machines to come in 2014 from many different vendors.
- Valve reportedly has been showing off their own VR solution that is even superior to Oculus Rift.
- The Steam Controller continues to be exciting and they will be opening up the API to their controller but it looks like the controller's touchscreen is being removed. Valve is also relying upon crowd-sourcing the best button layouts, etc.
- The Source 2 Engine has been allegedly referenced many times and from the start it's been designed around Linux and OpenGL. It looks like DirectX will be out the door at Valve!
- Steam has more than 75 million active users.
- Sanitized video recordings of at least some sessions will be available in the weeks ahead.
- Valve is working on a vendor-independent OpenGL debugger called VOGL.
There's a few more details in this forum thread.