Among the improvements found in libbluray 0.5.0 include build system updates and portability fixes, improved BD-J (Blu-ray Java) support but it's still considered alpha quality, improved updating of the application-allocated ARGB frame-buffer, and various other new Blu-ray capabilities implemented.
The official list of Blu-ray Library 0.5.0 changes can be found below while the source-code can be obtained via Git.
- Portability fixes.
- Build system updates.
- Improved BD-J support (still alpha).
- Improved updating of application-allocated ARGB frame buffer.
- Get JRE library location from registry (Windows).
- Added bd_get_main_title().
- Added BD_EVENT_ERROR when title playback fails.
- Added BD-J flags to disc info.
- Added support for user timeout in HDMV menus.
- Added cropping of RLE images. Cropping values in overlay are now always 0.
- Added support for LIBAACS_PATH and LIBBDPLUS_PATH environment variables.
- Added timestamp based m2ts stream filtering.