GNOME 3.9.5 Development Release
GNOME 3.9.5 has been released as the latest development release leading up to the GNOME 3.10 debut in September.
Among the GNOME 3.9.5 changes include:
- Cogl improvements for supporting new textures from files, other API improvements, and support detecting Mesa when GL3 is used as the OpenGL renderer.
- Various improvements to the Evince Document Viewer, including performance improvements with regard to text selection.
- GNOME Control Center's Universal Access panel has been redesigned.
- Various bug-fixes for the GNOME Shell.
- Mutter window manager fixes.
- Totem now allows Vimeo video streaming.
- GNOME Chess now recommends the HoiChess engine over GNUCHess or Phalanx.
- GNOME Photos now supports thumbnailing for Flickr.
More details on the GNOME 3.9.5 changes can be found via this blog post.
The stable release of GNOME 3.10 is expected by the end of September.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions