In the first day of this crowd-funding effort on IndieGoGo they raised over three million dollars and received lots of media publicity. Since then, their pace of raising money has slowed substantially but is still pacing enough where they may be able to hit their $32,000,000 USD threshold in the next month. They were also forced to lower the Ubuntu Edge pricing a bit.
Anyhow, here are some numbers for how they are fairing with the IndieGoGo campaign for the past seven days. As of publishing, there's:
- $7,092,429 raised of their $32,000,000 goal with 24 days to go.
- 2,716 people donated at least $20 as their sole perk and didn't contribute enough to nab their own smart-phone.
- Thousands of people have gone forth and pledged enough to obtain their own Ubuntu Edge (a precise number is difficult right now due to the difference pricing tiers and their launch-day special).
- Four people have paid at least $10,000 to receive one of the first 50 numbered Ubuntu Edge phones plus a VIP invite to the launch event.
- No companies have stepped up for the $80,000 "Enterprise 100 bundle" where they could get 100 Ubuntu Edge smart-phones plus other resources to help them deploy Ubuntu Edge through their organization.
It will be interesting to see if they manage to hit the 32 million dollar mark in the next three weeks, but it's looking more and more difficult to accomplish.