When running GitStats on the current Wayland and Weston Compositor Git code as of today, some interesting figures include:
- The Wayland Git repository at the moment is home to 19,054 lines of code that's been developed by 81 authors over 1,374 commits.
- Kristian Høgsberg, Wayland's founder, remains the most prolific contributor. Following Kristian is Pekka Paalanen, Tiago Vignatti, Peter Hutterer, Ander Conselvan de Oliveira, Benjamin Franzke, and Matthias Clasen.
- Among the top contributors by domain include Red Hat and Intel, among other individual domains. It's certainly more diverse than all of Mir's current contributors being from Canonical.
- Wayland is made up of 100 files.
- Wayland's code-base has grown back into size nearly where it was at when the reference compositor (Weston) was part of it.
In terms of the Weston reference compositor to Wayland the latest stats include:
- Weston is at 71,175 lines of code spread across 3,140 commits and from 100 authors.
- There's more active days of Weston developer in Git than there is for Wayland.
- Weston consists of 168 files in Git.
- In 2011 there were 634 commits to Weston, in 2012 there were 1,503 commits to Weston, but so far in 2013 there were only 512 commits. The commits year-to-date added 27,628 lines of code while nuking 12,001 lines.
- Kristian is the most prolific Weston contributor followed by Pekka Paalanen, Ander Conselvan de Oliveira, Jan Arne Petersen, Benjamin Franzke, Tiago Vignatti, and Daniel Stone.
- While currently at 71k lines of code, the line count for Weston is steadily increasing.