Phoronix Test Suite 4.6-Sokndal Milestone 2 Released
The second development release of Phoronix Test Suite 4.6-Sokndal is now available for those wishing to conduct automated, cross-platform, fully-reproducible benchmarks and other test cases.
The Phoronix Test Suite 4.6 release isn't due out until late in the third quarter, but already in this development cycle has been the new min / max support and various other changes. The 4.6 Milestone 2 release isn't as major as the first milestone release and there's still much more that's baking for future 4.6 development releases. However, there's still a modest collection of minor improvements worth pushing out this second release.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.6 Milestone 2 features some improvements for Mandriva-based distributions, a couple more Apple OS X support improvements, and a number of Phodevi (Phoronix Device Interface) library enhancements.
This latest release of our open-source automated benchmarking software is available for free download at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.8 Milestone 2
6 July 2013
- pts-core: Expand Mandriva Linux external dependency support to distributions having urpmi
- pts-core: Add Apple OS X font paths for use by the GD graph renderer
- pts-core: Add "/usr/lib64/" to the automated external dependency verification path
- pts-core: Allow passing multiple test identifiers to remove with remove-from-result-file command
- pts-core: Give a warning when the results viewer opens in the KDE Konqueror web-browser
- phodevi: Break operating system string at "("
- phodevi: Don't return "n/a" from LSB release strings
- phodevi: IceWM window manager detection
- phodevi: Add gpu.temp safety check to prevent against AMD Catalyst OverDrive sending garbage
- phodevi: Fix for XRandR resolution query on XMir
- phodevi: Support using systemd-detect-virt as fallback for detecting Linux virtualization method
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions