The Phoronix Test Suite 4.6 release isn't due out until late in the third quarter, but already in this development cycle has been the new min / max support and various other changes. The 4.6 Milestone 2 release isn't as major as the first milestone release and there's still much more that's baking for future 4.6 development releases. However, there's still a modest collection of minor improvements worth pushing out this second release.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.6 Milestone 2 features some improvements for Mandriva-based distributions, a couple more Apple OS X support improvements, and a number of Phodevi (Phoronix Device Interface) library enhancements.
This latest release of our open-source automated benchmarking software is available for free download at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.8 Milestone 2
6 July 2013
- pts-core: Expand Mandriva Linux external dependency support to distributions having urpmi
- pts-core: Add Apple OS X font paths for use by the GD graph renderer
- pts-core: Add "/usr/lib64/" to the automated external dependency verification path
- pts-core: Allow passing multiple test identifiers to remove with remove-from-result-file command
- pts-core: Give a warning when the results viewer opens in the KDE Konqueror web-browser
- phodevi: Break operating system string at "("
- phodevi: Don't return "n/a" from LSB release strings
- phodevi: IceWM window manager detection
- phodevi: Add gpu.temp safety check to prevent against AMD Catalyst OverDrive sending garbage
- phodevi: Fix for XRandR resolution query on XMir
- phodevi: Support using systemd-detect-virt as fallback for detecting Linux virtualization method