Highlights of the Power PC architecture updates for the Linux 3.11 kernel merge window include:
- VFIO has come to POWER so it can be used in cases like assigning PCI/VGA adapters to guest virtual machines for use as GPU pass-through in the virturalization world.
- Support for transparent huge-pages for 64-bit Power PC processors.
- Support for the PowerPC with the PStore infrastructure so that kernel oopses and other errors can be written to their non-volatile RAM.
- Improvements to the EEH PCI error handling and recovery infrastructure.
- Support for Power8 Event-Based Branch for basically providing user-space interrupts for performance monitor events.
More details on these changes can be found via the POWER pull request for Linux 3.11.