Beyond Xen and KVM virtualization coming to 64-bit ARM
in the Linux 3.11
, there's also other ARM architecture and SoC advancements within this next major kernel release.
Among other ARM changes to be found in Linux 3.11 include:
- A lot of work on the clps711x support.
- The STI driver has STiH415 and STiH416 SoC support. There's also B2000 and B2020 board support for the stih41x driver.
- Texas Instruments Keystone ARM support has been added.
- The Rockchips RK3xxx ARM platform has been added for Linux 3.11.
- The u300 SoC is now multi-platform capable and other ARM targets are also moving in this direction.
- There's work on making PCI support not be tied to SoC-specific code but to make PCI host controller drivers for ARM work as loadable kernel modules.
More details can be found in this pull request
and this pull request