More ARM Changes For The Linux 3.11 Kernel
Beyond Xen and KVM virtualization coming to 64-bit ARM in the Linux 3.11, there's also other ARM architecture and SoC advancements within this next major kernel release.
Among other ARM changes to be found in Linux 3.11 include:
- A lot of work on the clps711x support.
- The STI driver has STiH415 and STiH416 SoC support. There's also B2000 and B2020 board support for the stih41x driver.
- Texas Instruments Keystone ARM support has been added.
- The Rockchips RK3xxx ARM platform has been added for Linux 3.11.
- The u300 SoC is now multi-platform capable and other ARM targets are also moving in this direction.
- There's work on making PCI support not be tied to SoC-specific code but to make PCI host controller drivers for ARM work as loadable kernel modules.
More details can be found in this pull request and this pull request.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions