Mir 0.0.13 Released With Various Fixes
While Mir won't be part of the default Ubuntu 13.10 desktop, it will be part of Ubuntu Touch 13.10 and development is continuing in a steadfast manner to make it ready for the desktop in 2014. Mir 0.0.13 was released today while bumping the Mir Server library to version 5.
Among the changes to be found in Mir 0.0.13 include:
- A fix for Mir on Android to disable vsync notifications when the screen is off.
- The Default and Basic DisplayBufferCompositor classes have been simplified into one class.
- The cross-compile chroot build script will now build in parallel when suitable.
- A race condition has been fixed in connection failures.
- Privitization of a header file was done that wasn't required by any public APIs.
- Client-side error handling and suicide was cleaned up for when connections fail.
- Improved front-end logging.
- Proper tracking of buffers per-surface rather than per-session. This will fix some XMir multi-monitor problems.
While this release takes care of some outstanding items, there's still other problems with Mir. More details can be found by checking out the Mir Bazaar repository. The updated Mir packages should be pushed out to the Ubuntu Saucy archive in due time.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week