Sound Drivers Gets Better With Linux 3.12 Kernel
The Linux 3.12 kernel will feature improvements to existing sound drivers and there's also some new drivers / audio hardware support.
Takashi Iwai had his sound feature pull request merged on Wednesday afternoon with this merge. Features include:
- HDPM updates for AIO/RayDAT and TCO/sync support.
- PCM sync support for the RME96.
- HDMI and DisplayPort audio updates.
- New sound drivers in Linux 3.12 include support for the Analog Devices ADAU1702 and ADAU1401(a), Asahi Kasei Microdevices AK4554, Atmel AT91ASM9x5 and WM8904 based machines, Freescale S/PDIF and SSI AC'97, Renesas R-Car SoCs, Samsung Exynos5420 SoCs, Texas Instruments PCM1681 and PCM1792A and Wolfson Microelectronics WM8997.
- Code clean-ups and bug-fixes.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week