Better ACPI, Power Management For Linux 3.12 Kernel
The Linux 3.12 kernel will feature improvements to ACPI and power management in general thanks to recent developments.
The ACPI/PM pull request was merged on Tuesday for the Linux 3.12 kernel merge window. Some of the notable highlights include:
- The ACPI PCI hotplug subsystem has been reworked and now includes support for Intel Thunderbolt on systems that use ACPI for signalling of Thunderbolt hot-plug events.
- ACPI core code clean-ups.
- ACPICA was updated to 20130725 and includes fixes, new support, and other improvements.
- ACPI and Xen should now work better to reduce hardware sleep work.
- ACPI fixes.
- The cpufreq on demand governor should now choose target frequencies proportionally to load.
- Various other ACPI and power management improvements.
More details can be learned from the ACPI/PM Linux 3.12 pull.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions