With the staging area of the Linux kernel, some of the exciting Linux 3.12 kernel work includes:
- Improvements to the Lustre file-system client that was merged in Linux 3.11. It's also now enabled in new kernel builds.
- A Nuvoton NAU7802 ADC driver. The NAU7802 is a precision low-power 24-bit analog-to-digital converter.
- "Xillybus" has been added as a Xillybus generic interface for FPGA.
- The asus_oled driver has been deleted.
- The Comedi staging driver continues to see a wealth of work.
- A new wireless driver. The r8188eu driver is for the Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless chipset in USB devices such as the TP-Link TL-WN725N.
- Two new TTY drivers.
More details on the staging driver changes for the Linux 3.12 kernel can be found via the mailing list pull request by Greg KH, which was already accepted and merged by Linus.