Wine 1.7.1 has been released as the second Wine 1.8 development milestone following the Wine 1.6
release from mid-July. The release isn't terribly exciting, but there's still some good stuff for those still dependent upon Windows application/game support.
Prominent Wine 1.7.1 changes include:
- Support for keyed event objects.
- Support for the "init once" synchronization mechanism.
- Activation context support for DLLs, typelibs, and COM classes.
- Support for loading 32-bit typelibs on 64-bit.
- Various Mac driver fixes.
- Some fixes for serial port devices.
- Various bug fixes.
Additional information on the Wine 1.7.1 changes that represent two weeks worth of work for this free software project can be found at WineHQ.org