Wine 1.5.26 Improves ARM, OpenGL On Mac
It's time for another bi-weekly development release of Wine. The Wine 1.5.26 release has a few interesting changes to it from dropping SPARC support to adding OpenGL support to Wine's Mac driver.
The key changes for Wine 1.5.26 with work over the past two weeks includes:
- OpenGL support has been added to the Mac driver. The Mac driver is used for running Wine applications on Apple OS X without having to pipe it through an X11 server. The Mac driver has been a big focus in recent releases from added event handling to keyboard and mouse wheel support to proper cursor support.
- The Mac driver in Wine 1.5.26 also supports the clipboard (copy and paste) as well as drag and drop.
- Improvements to the URL cache.
- Fixes for supporting ARM binaries.
- Removing support for Sun/Oracle's SPARC platforn.
- Various bug-fixes.
More details can be found from the change-log at WineHQ.org.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week