The DRM pull request for the new features to be introduced in the Linux 3.9 kernel
have been presented.
As talked about already on Phoronix individually, the 3.9 DRM changes mostly come down to:
- TI OMAP DRM improvements
, including OMAP5 and power management support, the DRM driver exiting the kernel's staging area, and the introduction of the LCDC DRM driver.
- The KMS locking re-work
- The Intel no-reloc optimization
- Better Intel Haswell support
and other i965 DRM driver changes
- Initial support for the yet-to-be-released Radeon HD 8000 series GPUs
- Various Radeon DRM improvements
. The Radeon work also includes deprecating user-space mode-setting
in favor of only supporting KMS.
- Page-flipping and planes support
for the open-source NVIDIA Tegra DRM.
The pull request of the DRM updates for Linux 3.9 can be found on the kernel mailing list