As talked about already on Phoronix individually, the 3.9 DRM changes mostly come down to:
- TI OMAP DRM improvements, including OMAP5 and power management support, the DRM driver exiting the kernel's staging area, and the introduction of the LCDC DRM driver.
- The KMS locking re-work.
- The Intel no-reloc optimization.
- Better Intel Haswell support and other i965 DRM driver changes.
- Initial support for the yet-to-be-released Radeon HD 8000 series GPUs.
- Various Radeon DRM improvements. The Radeon work also includes deprecating user-space mode-setting in favor of only supporting KMS.
- Page-flipping and planes support for the open-source NVIDIA Tegra DRM.
The pull request of the DRM updates for Linux 3.9 can be found on the kernel mailing list.