This xf86-video-intel 2.21.0 release also takes care of X-Video support for Haswell (though using VA-API is still the best video playback choice for Intel) and various other bugs, which Chris lists as:
- Do not lose track of fast pageflips across mode changes
- Fix listing of Visuals for Xv
- Improve coherency of concurrent CPU accesses to a pixmap
- Set sampler swizzling for textured video on Haswell
- Apply scanout stride limits
- Undo the self-copy for cloned pixmaps for loimpress's animations
In total Chris Wilson made 52 changes to the driver in just this very recent xf86-video-intel X.Org graphics driver update. The full list of work found in xf86-video-intel 2.21.10 can be found in his mailing list announcement.