The prominent Wine 1.6-rc1 changes include:
- New implementation of the typelib creation support.
- GLSL-based support for fixed function vertex shaders.
- Support for desktop launchers in virtual desktop mode.
- Fixes for Japanese vertical text.
- New Croatian translation.
- Various bug fixes.
For this bi-weekly development release, the desktop launchers in virtual desktop mode and GLSL-based support for fixed-function vertex shaders are exciting. Of course, lots of bug-fixes too for improving Windows application compatibility.
Expect the official Wine 1.6 release later in the summer. A separate article soon will cover the prominent Wine 1.6 features as introduced in the earlier Wine 1.5 development releases.
Wine 1.6-rc1 details on the changes can be found at WineHQ.org.