Phoronix Test Suite 4.6.1 Drives OS X Benchmarking
The first point release to Phoronix Test Suite "Utsira" has been released with some marked improvements for Apple OS X and other minor enhancements.
Phoronix Test Suite 4.6.0-Utsira was released last month and since then a few notable but minor changes were merged into Git that warranted a point release rather than waiting for the changes to land with Phoronix Test Suite 4.8-Sokndal in the next quarter.
Changes for Phoronix Test Suite 4.6.1 include:
- Supporting an ONLY_TEST_TYPES environment variable for independently overriding certain test profile types from being added to the test execution queue.
- Changes for the extract-from-result-file, copy-run-in-result-file, reorder-result-file, rename-identifier-in-result-file, and remove-from-result-file sub-commands to properly open the correct web-browser. With those sub-commands, the composite XML file was being called directly rather than the HTML launcher file. For select desktops/platforms, XML files open in a IDE or text editor rather than the web-browser, namely on Apple OS X with XCode. With this change, using the proper web-browser is restored for these sub-commands.
- Some batch mode improvements within the test run manager.
- The Phoronix Device Interface (Phodevi) library has detection support for Haswell BMI2 support.
- Phodevi's memory.usage sensor should now work on Apple OS X.
- A new Phodevi sensor has been added, network.usage, for reporting the used network data traffic while running tests.
With these OS X improvements, special thanks to the Linux/OSX lab at the ESET anti-virus/security company for providing the improvements.
Download the Phoronix Test Suite for all major operating systems at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. Commercial support, custom engineering engagements, and other enterprise services are offered by contacting us.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week