Features Coming To LibreOffice 4.1
For those curious about the features coming to the LibreOffice 4.1 open-source office suite, here's a list.
The LibreOffice 4.1 Beta has been available for one week now ahead of the official release coming by the end of July. For those curious about the features of this next major OpenOffice.org-fork successor, there are early release notes on the DocumentFoundation.org Wiki. To point out at this time is also a new blog post by Charles-H. Schulz, a LibreOffice developer, about the upcoming features.
Some highlights include:
- IBM's Lotus Symphony sidebar is being integrated as an experimental 4.1 feature. The Lotus Symphony user-interface element should help to improve the usability of the open-source office suite and the sidebar has been refined since its donation by IBM.
- Fonts can now be embedded within Writer documents and the other LibreOffice components.
- Formula engine improvements for the Calc spreadsheet program.
- New elements are present in LibreOffice 4.1.
- Numerous improvements to Microsoft OOXML import and export filters.
- Various bug-fixes.
The current LibreOffice Release Plan can be found on this Wiki page.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions