Features Being Developed For KDE 4.11 Desktop
With one week to go until the soft feature freeze for KDE 4.11, there's a better idea for the features that are likely to come to the next major release of the KDE Plasma desktop.
Over on techbase.kde.org is the KDE 4.11 feature plan. Some of the noteworthy features being tackled this KDE development cycle include:
- A KIO-Slave For MTP
- The KWin will hopefully fix full-screen state handling, a partial port to using XCB, along with other window management tasks. KWin 4.11 will also hopefully compile in C++11 mode.
- In part thanks to the Phoronix Test Suite, a KDE game mode (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=306448) is sought after. "KWin should go into a benchmark mode when the PTS is run. It should be possible to ship a window specific rule to block compositing for the games of PTS."
- More porting to QML is taking place.
- A WebP image format plug-in for KDE's Kolourpaint.
- Support for the Ogg Opus audio format for editing and playback within the Juk multimedia program.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions