Over on techbase.kde.org is the KDE 4.11 feature plan. Some of the noteworthy features being tackled this KDE development cycle include:
- A KIO-Slave For MTP
- The KWin will hopefully fix full-screen state handling, a partial port to using XCB, along with other window management tasks. KWin 4.11 will also hopefully compile in C++11 mode.
- In part thanks to the Phoronix Test Suite, a KDE game mode (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=306448) is sought after. "KWin should go into a benchmark mode when the PTS is run. It should be possible to ship a window specific rule to block compositing for the games of PTS."
- More porting to QML is taking place.
- A WebP image format plug-in for KDE's Kolourpaint.
- Support for the Ogg Opus audio format for editing and playback within the Juk multimedia program.