Per the F2FS 3.10 merge, prominent changes for this experimental file-system in the Linux 3.10 kernel include:
- Introduce a new global lock scheme.
- Add tracepoints on several major functions.
- Fix the overall cleaning process focused on victim selection.
- Apply the block plugging to merge IOs as much as possible
- Enhance management of free nids and its list.
- Enhance the readahead mode for node pages.
- Address several critical deadlock conditions.
- Reduce lock_page calls.
These are just what Samsung's Jaegeuk Kim describes as the major 3.10 changes, there's also smaller bug-fixes and enhancements too. New F2FS file-system benchmarks from this next version of the Linux kernel will come soon on Phoronix.