Lots Of Crypto Optimizations For Linux 3.10 Kernel
The cryptography pull request has been submitted for the Linux 3.10 kernel merge window. The crypto updates include optimizing various routines for recent CPU instruction set extensions.
The crypto update for the Linux 3.10 kernel has more AVX/AVX2 and SSE optimizations and new drivers for the SAHARA2 and Broadcom BCM2835 RNG.
From the mailing list pull request, here's the noted changes over Linux 3.9:
- XTS mode optimisation for twofish/cast6/camellia/aes on x86.
- AVX2/x86_64 implementation for blowfish/twofish/serpent/camellia.
- SSSE3/AVX/AVX2 optimisations for sha256/sha512.
- Added driver for SAHARA2 crypto accelerator.
- Fix for GMAC when used in non-IPsec secnarios.
- Added generic CMAC implementation (including IPsec glue).
- IP update for crypto/atmel.
- Support for more than one device in hwrng/timeriomem.
- Added Broadcom BCM2835 RNG driver.
- Misc fixes.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week