Unigine OIlRush 1.34 Released, Now On Steam
Unigine Corp has finally brought their in-house OilRush game to Valve's Steam Linux client. The debut on Steam came as part of the game's v1.34 update.
The official list of changes for OilRush 1.34 include:
- Added full support for Steam on Linux.
- The engine is switched to OpenGL core profile instead of compatibility one (better Mac OS X support, non-compatible with open source Linux drivers for now).
- Added launch options configurator for Steam.
- Improved German localization.
- Fixed controls under Linux with gamepad connected.
- Fixed a lot of minor bugs.
Aside from the Steam for Linux support, the other interesting change is the engine support with the OpenGL renderer now defaulting to a Core Profile rather than Compatibility Profile. This likely signifies the OilRush game engine was updated against a newer Unigine Engine revision in the process.
There were some Unigine Engine changes last month along with the long-awaited debut of Unigine Valley in February.
More information on the OilRush RTS game is available from Unigine.com.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week