Unigine OIlRush 1.34 Released, Now On Steam
Unigine Corp has finally brought their in-house OilRush game to Valve's Steam Linux client. The debut on Steam came as part of the game's v1.34 update.
The official list of changes for OilRush 1.34 include:
- Added full support for Steam on Linux.
- The engine is switched to OpenGL core profile instead of compatibility one (better Mac OS X support, non-compatible with open source Linux drivers for now).
- Added launch options configurator for Steam.
- Improved German localization.
- Fixed controls under Linux with gamepad connected.
- Fixed a lot of minor bugs.
Aside from the Steam for Linux support, the other interesting change is the engine support with the OpenGL renderer now defaulting to a Core Profile rather than Compatibility Profile. This likely signifies the OilRush game engine was updated against a newer Unigine Engine revision in the process.
There were some Unigine Engine changes last month along with the long-awaited debut of Unigine Valley in February.
More information on the OilRush RTS game is available from Unigine.com.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions