Upcoming Linux Benchmarks For The Holidays
For those Linux users hoping to do PC upgrades this holiday season, a number of interesting Linux hardware benchmarks are imminent to help you with your buying decisions.
Aside from the PC hardware buying recommendations for Linux users that I made on Friday, a number of interesting Linux benchmarks will be out in the coming days and weeks with one month to go until Christmas:
- A large AMD Linux graphics card comparison involving several recent generations of recent AMD Radeon GPUs on both the open and closed-source drivers. (A likely NVIDIA/Nouveau comparison will follow.)
- Many more low-power ARM Linux benchmarks.
- Benchmarks of the Linux 3.7 kernel compared to recent kernel releases in looking at the raw performance and power consumption / performance-per-Watt.
- Outlining a new Linux power regression.
- Source Engine benchmarks of Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2 (and others) as soon as I am permitted by Valve to publish the Linux benchmarks, this will include different hardware and driver configurations.
- With the forthcoming release of Randaberg there will also be more Amazon EC2 benchmarks and various other test scenarios as part of validating the new Phoronix Test Suite release and checking out other OpenBenchmarking.org improvements.
- A few miscellaneous computer hardware component reviews.
Plus several other interesting Linux benchmarks and performance articles, of course. If you have any Linux hardware test requests for the holidays, they can be submitted via the forums or via Twitter.
If you wish to support these operations and continue to see these full-length original articles coming, please browse Phoronix.com without AdBlock, alternatively subscribe to Phoronix Premium for ad-free browsing and viewing multi-page articles on a single page, or make a holiday PayPal tip. You can also be more social with us by following Phoronix on Facebook and @Phoronix / @MichaelLarabel on Twitter. Phoronix is also on IRC at #phoronix on FreeNode.net.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week