Systemd 196 Brings New Features
A new version of systemd was released today by Lennart Poettering. The systemd 196 release brings many new features.
- For udev there is now support for loading additional device properties from an indexed database.
- Systemd's Journal has gained support for a message catalog that is an indexed database to link-up additional information with journal entries.
- Python Journal bindings have new features as well as the Journal API.
- Systemd now supports "hybrid sleep" on supported kernels.
- Systemd now mounts the EFI variables file-system by default.
- Support for various legacy and distribution-specific bits have been removed.
- Various other changes.
All of the systemd 196 alterations can be found out from Lennart's release announcement on the systemd-devel list. For those that missed it, some Gentoo developers have forked udev after not being happy with the direction of udev within the systemd world.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions