Systemd 196 Brings New Features
A new version of systemd was released today by Lennart Poettering. The systemd 196 release brings many new features.
- For udev there is now support for loading additional device properties from an indexed database.
- Systemd's Journal has gained support for a message catalog that is an indexed database to link-up additional information with journal entries.
- Python Journal bindings have new features as well as the Journal API.
- Systemd now supports "hybrid sleep" on supported kernels.
- Systemd now mounts the EFI variables file-system by default.
- Support for various legacy and distribution-specific bits have been removed.
- Various other changes.
All of the systemd 196 alterations can be found out from Lennart's release announcement on the systemd-devel list. For those that missed it, some Gentoo developers have forked udev after not being happy with the direction of udev within the systemd world.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week