XBMC 12.0 Beta Packs Exciting Features
The first beta release of XBMC 12.0 "Frodo" is now available. This beta to the popular home theater PC (HTPC) software packs exciting changes for end-users interested in the best open-source multimedia playback experience.
With more than one half-year since the release of XBMC 11, XBMC 12 is nearly ready to take flight. This release, which was developed under the codename "Frodo", has the prominent new features of:
- The new XBMC Audio Engine that provides HD audio support. The audio improvements include supporting DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD formats.
- Live TV and PVR (Personal Video Recorder) support.
- H.264 10-bit video software decoding.
- Improved image support, including the handling of new image types.
- Official Raspberry Pi support.
- Initial Google Android support.
- Improved AirPlay support for all platforms.
- Advanced filtering capabilities.
- Advanced UPnP sharing.
More details on the XBMC 12.0 Beta can be found from their blog announcement.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week