OpenBSD 5.2 Released
OpenBSD 5.2 was released today with an assortment of improvements.
Among the changes for OpenBSD 5.2 include:
- The pthreads implementation has replaced the user-level uthreads with kernel-level rthreads, which will benefit multi-threaded programs in being able to utilize multiple processors / cores.
- There's finally i386 hibernation support for OpenBSD, but it depends on using the pciide and wd disk drivers.
- Support for various new hardware devices: Winbond W83627UHG, SMBus on the AMD CS5536/NVIDIA MCP89, AX88772B, MCS7832, Roland UM-ONE, AMD Hudson-2, NetMos NM9820, Huawei Mobile E303, R4000 Indigo (IP20), Indy (IP22), R4000 Indigo2 (IP24), and POWER Indigo2 R10000 (IP28).
- Improvements to the OpenBSD networking stack.
- The nginx server has been added to OpenBSD.
- OpenSSH 6.1 has seen various improvements.
- Other random work and enhancements.
More details and download links for the various OpenBSD 5.2 architectures are available from OpenBSD.org.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week