FOSDEM is happening this weekend, once again at the ULB Campus Solbosch in the fun town of Brussels, Belgium. I'll again be out at the event and provide coverage on Phoronix and via Twitter.
For those not familiar with this great open-source event, details can be found at FOSDEM.org. Among the highlights for this year's weekend event include:
- A lot of X.Org and Wayland talks happening in the X.Org development room.
- A talk about the direction of GNOME as said by Vicent Untz.
- A series of talks and discussions about Linux and open-source gaming.
- Many interesting "dev rooms" for FOSDEM 2013.
- A lot of ARM-related sessions in terms of ARM hardware support and enablement under Linux.
- Mozilla's Firefox OS will be talked about.
- The Wine development room will have some interesting talks and discussions, including about GPU driver/hardware performance for Windows gaming on Linux under Wine.
As usual, from FOSDEM I'll be taking HD video recordings for publishing on Phoronix later on from the most interesting sessions (mainly the X.Org/Wayland development track). Live information of the most interesting happenings will, again, be on Phoronix and Twitter.
If you appreciate this coverage and are unable to make it out to the Belgium event, please consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium, making a PayPal tip/contribution, and to follow us on Facebook and Twitter via Phoronix and MichaelLarabel. For anyone in Brussels this weekend that wishes to meet up, please email me or let me know on Twitter.