Aside from new systemd functionality
, several other features have been proposed in the past few days for integration into Fedora 19
The latest batch of features being proposed for Fedora 19 include:
MATE Desktop 1.6
- Pulling in version 1.6 of MATE, the well-known GNOME2 fork. MATE has already been played with in Fedora
although not part of the default installation.
High Availability Container Resources
- "The Container Resources feature allows the HA stack (Pacemaker + Corosync) residing on a host machine to extend management of resources into virtual guest instances (KVM/LXC)."
- The GNOME 3.8 Shell desktop along with other GNOME 3.8 packages should be pulled in for the May release of Fedora 19. This is no surprise and GNOME 3.8 should be the default desktop of this next Fedora Linux release.
- This GLIBC release brings many new features
and was officially released in late 2012 and should be a great update for Fedora 19.
- "Provides a set of tools for testing either the NFS client or the NFS server, most of the functionality is focused mainly on testing the client."
- "Include the MEMSTOMP DSOs in Fedora 19 to enable developers to more quickly detect certain library calls which result in undefined behaviour due to overlapping memory arguments."
Other rounds of Fedora 19 features proposed include Fedora 19 Feature Talk: Cloud, Java 8, Yum, Syslinux
, Fedora Looks To Replace MySQL With MariaDB