Linux Gaming At FOSDEM 2013 In Brussels
Aside from the X.Org meetings at FOSDEM, another interesting development track that takes place at the annual Free and Open-Source Developers' European Meeting is about open-source/Linux gaming.
The open-source game development room is an annual staple to the FOSDEM conference in Brussels, Belgium. This game development room continues to be organized by Nils Kneuper (a.k.a "Ivanovic"), a Phoronix reader and contributor to the Phoronix Forums and IRC (#phoronix on freenode.net). For FOSDEM 2013, the talks in the gaming room will be:
- Pandora - a mobile Linux computer including gaming controls
- Continuous Integration and Testing in Games
- Community based translations of games
- The Gluon Project Update
- An introduction to the Wesnoth animation engine
- Explaining the Quake 3 virtual machine
- Open source gaming discussions
More track details can be found here for the open-source gaming sessions.
FOSDEM 2013 is taking place on 2 and 3 February. I'll be back out in Belgium for the event, which is among my favorite Linux/open-source events in the world. Coverage will take place on Phoronix as well as via my personal Twitter account.
More information on this event can be found at FOSDEM.org.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week