Glibc 2.17 Supports 64-Bit ARM, Improved Features
Version 2.17 of the GNU C Library, glibc, was released on Christmas. This major update introduces AArch64 (64-bit ARM) architecture support and other new functionality.
The key features for the Christmas day release of glibc 2.17 include:
- Port to AArch64 / 64-bit ARM from Linaro.
- Optimized memcpy() function for MIPS.
- SystemTap static probes have been added into the dynamic linker.
- Optimized strstr, strcasestr, memmem, memchr, wcschr, wcscpy, and wcsrchr string functions.
- Improved cross-compilation support.
This new version of glibc is dependent upon at least version 2.6.16 of the Linux kernel. The release announcement for glibc 2.17 can be found at SourceWare.org.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week