The second development milestone release of openSUSE 12.3
is now available for testing. This latest release, which comes more than one month after Milestone One, packs more than 470 updated packages plus other changes.
Aside from 470+ package updates for openSUSE 12.3 Milestone 2, some specific items being acknowledged for this development release include:
- The LibreOffice open-source office suite has moved from version 3.5.4 to 3.6.3.
- KDE 4.10 Beta 2 is now available in KDE Factory.
- GNOME 3.6.3 is now available for those not liking the KDE Plasma desktop.
- Version 2.17 of the GNU C Library (glibc) is shipping with 12.3 Milestone 2 for improved ARM support and better multi-arch handling.
- QEMU 1.3.0 is available for Linux virtualization users.
- LLVM/Clang 3.2 is shipping with openSUSE 12.3.
- Mono 3 with its C# 5.0 compiler is available.
- This release is currently shipping with the Linux 3.6 kernel but Linux 3.7 packages are forthcoming.
For more details on openSUSE 12.3 Milestone 2, swing by news.opensuse.org