Key highlights for VLC 2.0.5 "Twoflower" include:
- Various regression fixes.
- Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing subpicture blending in GPU.
- Shader support in the OpenGL output, for colorspace conversion, including 10bits.
- New resamplers for higher quality audio.
- Experimental support for BluRay discs.
- CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware decoding.
- Vastly improved MKV demuxer.
- VLC's web plugins have been rewritten for better integration and stability in all browsers.
While there is experimental Blu-ray disc support, menus are deactivated for the 2.0.5 release and the AACS and BD+ DRM libraries and keys are not shipped with the VideoLAN player for legal reasons.
More information on the VLC 2.0.5 release is available from VideoLAN.org.