Enlightenment Releases E17 "Lucky Rubber Ducky"
The Enlightenment project is out today with a new release ahead of the official E17 1.0 release expected on 21 December. With one week to go, the new E17 release is being called the "Lucky Rubber Ducky" by its developers.
The E17 "Lucky Rubber Ducky" release change-log consists of:
- EFL requirements now bumped to 1.7.3
- Translation updates
- Wallpaper previews now maintain aspect ratio when dialog is resized
- Backlight gadgets update themselves on backlight change
- Filemanager now capable of loading large directories more quickly
- Filemanager "New Directory" action renames files inline
- Menu item layout no longer resizes randomly
- Filemanager drag-n-drop no longer causes crashes in most scenarios
- Xmodmap settings no longer overwritten when changing keyboard layout
- Filemanager properly shows files again if a drag-n-drop operation fails or pauses
- Orientation changing on shelves no longer duplicates the shelf
- Evry file browsing now shows mime types more accurately
- Tons of small memory leaks fixed
- Theme selection dialog now shows actual preview of theme instead of wallpaper
- Temperature module no longer leaks fds on some platforms
- Pointer warping now more effective when changing desks
- "Share" button on screenshot dialog now leads to a confirmation dialog
- [THEME] Filemanager icons
- [THEME] Pixel border style removed
- [THEME] Pixel border style added
- [THEME] Pixel border style now has focused effect
The release is available from Enlightenment.org.
E17 went into beta last week and should be officially released next Friday.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions