New Features Coming Up For PulseAudio 3.0
The release of PulseAudio 3.0 is imminent and here's an overview of the features coming up for this debated sound server.
The new features to PulseAudio 3.0 include:
- Configurable device latency offset
- Improvements for automatic testing
- Runtime editable LADSPA filter parameters
- Unloading modules by name
- Log target can be changed during runtime
- Adhere to the XDG Base Directory Specification
With PulseAudio 2.0 also comes version 2.0 of pavucontrol, a GUI configuration panel for PulseAudio.
The PulseAudio 3.0 details were added to the FreeDesktop.org Wiki in preparation for the release.
Last week was marked by the release of PulseAudio 3.0 RC3, which as said on the mailing list, this is expected to be the last test version before releasing PulseAudio 3.0. Expect the PulseAudio 3.0 release to happen very soon.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week