Last month marked the release of Upstart 1.6
for the init daemon primarily used by Ubuntu. Coming out nearly one month later is Upstart 1.6.1 to deliver on some additional work.
New to Upstart 1.6.1 is:
- Improved re-exec performance.
- Minor logger fixes for unflushed data.
- Handle re-exec scenario when requested from within a chroot.
- Minor serialisation data format change to handle chroots and user sessions.
- Added extra re-exec tests including explicit upgrade tests reading from pre-prepared JSON data files.
- Make jobs running within a chroot log their output within the chroot.
- Added "Restart" D-Bus method.
- Changed 'telinit u' to use "Restart" D-Bus method rather than sending SIGTERM to play nicely when busybox(1) is init.
- Added "GetState" D-Bus method allowing current serialised internal state to be queried.
For those using Upstart that haven't switched over to systemd, the new point release of Upstart can be obtained over Launchpad