The worthwhile changes in the NVIDIA 304.22 Linux driver include:
- Support for the Kepler-based GeForce GTX 680M, Quadro K1000M, and Quadro K2000M graphics cards.
- RandR (Resize and Rotate extension) handling enhancements, following NVIDIA's recent RandR 1.2/1.3 support. There's also new RandR output properties exposed.
- With the RandR improvements and changes to IncludeImplicitMetaModes, Wine and SDL applications among other software should interact better in multi-monitor configurations and more display resolutions should be exposed.
- Support for DisplayPort 1.2 branch devices, which allows multiple displays to be connected to a single DisplayPort connector on the graphics card.
- Support for DKMS within the NVIDIA installer. This means the NVIDIA binary blob can now be automatically rebuilt upon new kernel installations, assuming there is Dynamic Kernel Module Support.
- Enhanced support for Base Mosic on SLI systems up to three displays.
- Support for desktop panning when rotation, reflection, and/or transformation is applied.
- Fixes upon resuming from suspend.
- OpenGL hang fixes.
- NVIDIA-Settings improvements.
More details and download links are available from NVIDIA.com.