Alien Arena Reloaded - Renderer Improvements, Etc
At the end of June I mentioned Alien Arena: Reloaded would be released next week. Today in fact that was made a reality with the release of this open-source CRX-engine-powered game.
The features that the game developers are advertising for this open-source first person shooter update include:
- Many new rendering features
- Twelve new/rebuilt levels
- Two new player characters, the Overlord and Warrior
- Brand new "super" weapon, the Minderaser
- Improved antilag code
- "Simple" items rendering option
- Improved and expanded movement
- Improved Bot AI, particulary with CTF
- New music, and music "shifts" in game situations
- Variety of bug fixes and code cleansing
Some of the rendering improvements for this deathmatch-style game include sub-surface light scattering, rim lighting, new liquid effects, smoother transition of lighting of meshes, chained particle effects, MD2/IQM rendering optimizations, optimized shadow rendering, and improved LOD scaling.
This open-source multi-player game can be found from the project's web-site. Embedded below is the trailer for Alien Arena: Reloaded.
If you're looking for an open-source game that's really looking to advance the quality of these free software games, check out Unvanquished.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week