Lightspark Now Handles Desktop AIR Applications
For kicking off the new week there is a major new release of the Lightspark open-source Flash Player. Lightspark 0.6.0.1 offers up a lot of goodies.
The key features of Lightspark 0.6.0.1 include:
- Enable RTMP support by default, requires librtmp
- Fixed support for IEventDispatcher implementation pattern
- Improved serialization robustness
- Improved matrix handling
- Implement string and namespace pooling to reduce memory consumption
- Proper support for private namespaces
- Improved support for fonts
- Support LLVM 3.1
- Fix full volume issue when PulseAudio flat volumes are enabled
- Initial support for AIR desktop applications
- Support for www.bbc.co.uk video player
The main items that stick out is that there's now support for the BBC video player, initial support for Adobe AIR desktop applications, PulseAudio fixes, and support for LLVM 3.1.
Lightspark can be downloaded from Launchpad.net.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week